Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 January 2011

100 Miles













This month I have run 100.4 miles. That makes me sound a very geeky, but it is a great achievement. They have also been good quality miles. I did a fast 3 mile run on Sat night and I finished the month with a very hilly 11.4  mile run around High Elms. This is my longest run for a while and I now have a very strong base to build on during February. I need to start ramping up my mileage and doing some long runs in February. February is going to be tough.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great base distance Clive, well done. What I like about this is you have identified that they are quality miles and not just an arbitrary value or some sort of trophy mileage.
    You are a very strong runner, the Night Run proved that and so I can see February is going to be more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry

    Thank you for your kind words it is great to get some feedback. I am always amazed by the number of miles you do, it really is incredible and I do not know how you do it.I count myself lucky that I have a lot of great runners like yourself around me I can learn from. My whole training plan for London Marathon is about training "smartly" and each run should have a purpose rather than "I need to do 6 miles tonight", hence the reference to quality runs.

    I hope you interview goes well

    Clive

    ReplyDelete