Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Marathon Training Tips

I have been asked to provide three marathon training tips for my local running club. Here are my top tips:

1. 26.2 miles is a long way so  make sure you have a good training programme you can follow, which enables you be build up the distance, you do not need to do the full distance in training but should be comfortable running 18-22 miles.I can recommend the Heros 17 and 22 mile training runs.

2. On marathon day, it is very easy to go off too fast, try and run at a constant pace.

3. Don't under estimate how much fluid and energy you use during a marathon. I like to take my own supply of fluid (orange squash) take sips at regular intervals, plus have a  gel about every six miles (test the gels out first and find one which you like!!) and a few glucose tablets in the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment