Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 February 2011

10k handicap race 8th Feb

Tuesday night was the club 10k handicap. This is always a tough race. I was hoping to run with my friend Chris who last month beat me by about 20sec but he did not turn up. I am probably the fasted in my handicap group (main group which start on zero), which meant I had no one to race against until about half way round when I started to be overtaken by some of the handicapped runners. I push my pace as much as I could and completed in 49.23 which is 35 sec better than last month but still 1.27 sec off my PB 47.55. I know with more training I could do faster and ideally it would be great if I could run with someone slightly faster than me.

Two very good things to note are I ran the second half faster than the first  and considering I did a 14 mile run on Sunday my recovery between session is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment