Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 February 2011

Ministry of silly runs

I have a 14 mile run planned for Sunday with my fellow runner and friend Dave. I wanted to go for my normal 3 mile Sat run but did not want to do anything that would use up too much energy. I decided to do a very light relaxing 3 mile run in which I incorporate as much movement as possible and I must not run in my normal style and nothing fast. The result:
I ran mainly on the balls of my feet incorporating short shuttle runs, long strides, pretending I was running along a beam, shoulder rolls, forward, backwards one arm forward one backwards, holding my breath, trying to get as much movement into my lower back as possible. I also tried to run as lightly as possible.

My friend Chris has been using a technique (used by  Kelly Holmes) of pretending someone is pushing you along by placing a hand in the small of your back. This straightens your back and changes you movement.

It was an interesting run, certainly used some different muscles  my wife thought I must have looked silly and I probably did.

No comments:

Post a Comment