Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 April 2011

The final long run

Saturday morning I got up early to do my final long run before I start tapering. The route was the same I ran with Dave for the 18 miler but went from my house which worked out at 22 miles. 22 miles is a long way to run by yourself so I took my new digital radio, which worked fairly well but think I will sort out an ipod, any way back to the running.

I got to 18 miles in 3 hrs 7 minutes which was slower than when I ran with Dave, but I was very tired, basically no energy but I had to push on for 4 more miles and finished the run in just under 4 hours. I was not very happy with the last four miles but I did not have any aches or pains which was good just no energy, but when I look back at this week I had run 45 miles in 7 days which will have taken its toll.

Mentally I was also feeling a bit deflated and this did not help, but I am sure on the day the crowds and the adrenalin will kick in and motivate me.

Interesting I have ran the first 18 miles in just under 3 hours and had plenty of energy at the end but my lower leg hurt.

I was tired after the run but no aches and pains and on the Sunday after I was fine, in fact I could have gone for another run.

In the last three months I have ran 300 miles which is 30 more than I did for New York and also I had a 3 week break. I reckon I must be on for a Personal Best probably around 4hr 30min which I would be very pleased with.

Plan now is to do a couple of 6 mile runs this week then final week take it very easy with a couple of 3 mile run. I will build up my energy supplies, drink plenty of Vitamin C, meditate,  have a couple of massages and hit the fund raising hard.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Clice, I am so looking forward to seeing how you all do at VLM. You have done everything right and you are expected to feel tired now, enjoy the taper.

    ReplyDelete