Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 July 2011

Night Run July 2011

Last night was the third night run. I really love these events. It is very easy to become focussed on distances and times and forget about the fun and joy of running and that is exactly what these events are about. The event was organised by Jerry Smallwood and he has written an excellent write up on his ultramagicforest blog.

http://ultramagicforest.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-night-run-report.html

This was an important run for me as I have not been doing so much running meeting recently and I have Beachy Head marathon in 12 weeks. I was a bit worried about the distance and I have to admit I was struggling at the end of 14 miles mainly because this was the longest run I have done for some time and at the end my right knee was hurting a bit. At the end of the day I was comfortable on the run and I have a good starting base for Beachy.



No comments:

Post a Comment