Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 November 2010

Tai Chi in London

On Friday I went long to Chinese Centre Tai Chi Training at St Martins in the Field in London. Because it was cold training took place in the Crypt. I asked if I could watch and the Chinese Lady said yes and Kindly got me  a chair to sit on. I spent about half and hour watching 40 Chinese people doing Tai Chi in a very confined space. The Tai Chi seemed very soft (Ying) and it was very relaxing to watch. I was impressed by some of the older people training and you can see the benefits of maintaining flexibility and relaxing. I did not want to over stay my welcome but they said I could train with them if I wanted.

As I walked backed to the office through St James Park I really wanted to go for a run. The relaxation had somehow fired up my energy. Any way I could not as I had to get to the office. I must spend a little time to relax before each run. I suppose this is the time athletes use to get into the zone and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment