Powered By Blogger

Sunday 19 December 2010

Thinking

Since New York marathon I have lost focus plus the weather has been bad and now I have a cold. I have also been reading all the training people are Tweeting about and my lack of training makes me feel like a wimp. I should be building on my  New York training and not sitting around letting it all go to waste.

My body is telling me to rest and take it easy and that is what I will do. Hopefully it will give my body plenty of time to repair and then I will hit the training hard after Christmas.

However, this down time has given me a bit of time to reflect on my running and how it links with Tai Chi.

Tai Chi is driven from the centre of the body (a place about 2" below navel- very important in combat as this is where you generated your power) and I need to bring this concept into my running. At moment I seem to be running more with my legs and my attention tends to be looking down slightly and I am not relaxed. I must make an effort to start driving my running form the centre of my body, lift my head so attention is looking forward (as in Tai Chi focus always on your opponents head), this will straighten my body alignment and I will be running more naturally. I will also engage arms to help with momentum.


Remember for next run:

  1. Lift head. This will straighten the body
  2. Run from the centre
  3. Engage arms
  4. Relax
Results to follow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment