Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 January 2011

Debrief - Mental clarity

I often think about my run after it has finished, a sort of debrief. I think about what went well and how I can improve things. I was really pleased with my last run but a couple of things have been nagging at me.

Around the last mile a couple of the guys decided they were going to have a bit of a burn up and sprint back. I automatically said don't worry about me see you at the finish. I had decided that I would be unable to stay with them without even trying. Then I suddenly thought I would go for a burn up and surprised myself with how well I did. Conclusion I need to think positively.

The second thing is  when I am running my mind start to think about other things. I  need to bring my thoughts back to the running and enjoy the moment and stay focussed

Today's picture is of Dean Potter (slack liner extraordinaire). I am sure when he is on the wire all his attention will be on what he is doing. His mind will not be thinking about other things or indeed what  happens if he falls off. I need to bring this mental clarity into my running. 

Action: Think positively, stay focused and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment