Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 January 2011

80 days to go and firing on all cylinders




Another great training run last night 10.5 miles in 1.33, average pace 8.9 (This puts me on a target for a sub two hour half marathon and I can see a PB up for grabs soon). I have never really paid any attention to the pace numbers on my Garmin but I can now see this is a great aid as it gives you a reference point to see how you are doing. One of the benefits of running with a variety of runners is you pick up useful tips and the leader of last nights run was very keen to maintain pace. It was a small group last night and some are training for sub 4 hour marathon which makes me think I should be aiming for this territory.It is definitely achievable but requires lots of training and there is a big difference between a 10 mile run and 26.2. I will give this some thought. The thing that really pleased me, is although the run pushed me there is still a lot of potential in me. I have ran two 10 mile runs in a few day and all is good- 80 days to go until London and I am firing on all cylinders

No comments:

Post a Comment