Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 February 2011

24.44 Personal Best

I knew I was going to run a personal best on my 3 mile run tonight. I beat my best time by 12 seconds completing the run in 24.44. Average pace of 8.15. I was a little disappointed as I pushed it as much as I could and only shaved 12 seconds off my time, however, I had done a fairly tough run on Tuesday and my legs had not fully recovered. The first part of my route is up hill and in future I will do a small warm up run so that I am fired up before I start. I have a 10k run next Tuesday and hoping to beat my previous time. I really want to get my time down below 24mins pace 8.0

2 comments:

  1. ...and here proves the old adage "Miles mean speed"
    People somethimes think that training for long distances makes you ploddy and slow, how wrong they are. Keep it coming I promise you that you will soon be sub 24 on a 3.11 mile run

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel like I am due for a bit of breakthrough in the next couple of months and that keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete