Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 February 2011

Mind Rules for Running and Life










The following rules of the mind have helped me understand how my mind works and up my mental game. It is all pretty basic stuff but a good reminder not only for running but also for life.
  1. Every thought or idea causes a physical action.-Fight of flight response- releases adrenaline.
  2. What is expected tends to be realised- If you think positively it is more likely it will happen.
  3. Imagination is more powerful than knowledge when dealing with your own mind- Believe and visualise achieving your goal.
  4. Opposing ideas cannot beheld at the same time. I am going to finish my run or I will crash and burn,  your mind can only hold one idea otherwise it will be in conflict. Think I am going to do this.
  5. Once an idea has been accepted by the subconscious mind it remains until it is replaced by another idea.When you learn something new it replaces existing behaviour. I am going to achieve a good time in my run is a much more powerful thought than I am trying to achieve a good time.
  6. An emotionally induced symptom tends to cause organic change if persisted in long enough.The highs of completing a challenge  make you want to achieve more.
  7. Each suggestion acted on creates less opposition to successive suggestions. Just do it move out of your comfort zone.
  8. When dealing with the sub conscious mind and its function, the greater the conscious effort the less the subconscious response-Work to develop positive mental expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment