Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Training run 1st Feb

I meet a really good friend of mine at 17.00 on Tuesday evening for a catch up (more on this later) and only just got home in time to get changed and out for the Tuesday night run. This meant that I had not anything to eat since lunchtime apart from a Mars bar on the train on the way home.

There were 5 of us in the group tonight and we ran 10.4 miles at 9 minutes a mile pace, pretty much without stopping, which was exactly what we intended to do. This was another quality run and followed on from my. I have ran 25 good quality miles in 4 days ( 3 mile fast run on Sat, 11.4 hilly run on Sun) and I am very pleased with my recovery. I got very hungry towards the end of my run and this really was the lack of fuel before hand, just goes to show how important it is to be properly fuelled also ran in my second pair of trainers (asics) and got a blister on my foot. I used a small 100cm bootle for fluid half way but this really is a bit small so will have to sort something out.

Summary another good training run but now I need to start increasing the distance and I need to have my fuel and fluids sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment