Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 February 2011

Massage and Witch Hazel

Today I had a massage by my friend Chris Mowen. I had not had a massage for a while and he did wonders on my leg/foot and it feels a lot better. The main benefits of the massage is that it loosens all the connective tissue, muscles and ligaments allowing the blood to flow freely, increase oxygen for repair and breaks up any Lactic acid. Whilst a lot of people can do this Chris also concentrates on freeing any blocked energy (Chi) in your body.

I do not like taking any medicines  and Chris recommended putting Distilled Witch  Hazel on the bruising. My daughter who is training to be a Doctors thinks I would be a nightmare patient!

At the end of the day I am convinced that my problem is due to over training. I need to continue resting for a while. I am sure I will not loose too much fitness. I have Eastbourne half next Sunday. I will do one test run later in the week and if all OK do Eastbourne half as a very gentle training run.

No comments:

Post a Comment