Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Tough Run

To increase the mileage this week I ran down to and from the club meeting place, this added 3 miles onto my normal Tuesday night run. I ran with second fastest group. There were some fast runners in the group and we set off at a lively pace and up some fairly long hills. Having run 16miles on Saturday and 4miles on Sunday my legs felt a bit tired during the run. We ran 8 miles with only the occasional stop to regroup and it was fairly hilly so it pushed me. I am not sure of the pace but it was certainly 8+ a bit  minutes a mile. I ended up doing 11 miles so that is 31 miles in 4 days. Next run will be a 6 miles on Thursday. I need a massage on my legs. I have also just brought a book on using a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) during training and used my HRM during the run. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment