Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 April 2011

VLM Analysis

Well the dust has settled so thought I would post my analysis on VLM.

Five things spring to mind:

1. I need to sort out my energy, I basically lived on my normal diet in the build up to the race. I did not carbo load enough in the few days before the race - so will do this in future.

2. I think I did not hydrate myself enough so will drink more in the build up to race day.

3. I definitely did not like the gels so no more gels for me, when you look at what is the gels they are basically sugar so will sort out an alternative, although the Orange segments that were handed out were fantastic and really hit the spot.

4. It started to get hot, I think I am going to run in shorts.

5. Mentally I was not strong enough, the sight of runners in the St Johns Ambulance tent was off putting and I thought I do not want to end up pulling out so I really eased off. I have also noticed that all my best runs have been when I have a buddy, sound obvious but it can start to get very lonely on a long race.

No comments:

Post a Comment