Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 April 2011

VLM update

My god that was tough. I am not sure what happened but at 14 miles started to feel sick, it was fairly hot and the sights of fallen runners made me think I need to take it easy and get home. I finished in 5.27 no way near my PB. Not a great result but at the end of the day:

  • I finished and got a medal that means I now have one Marathon medal (Beachy Head, New York and London) for each of my three children. It will not mean much to them but it does to me.
  • I raise £1,700 for charity, which I thought was a fantastic achievement and  is a great feeling. A big thank you to all who sponsored me.
  • I did not suffer any injuries and energy was not too bad- I just felt sick ( I need to find out why but I am sure I need to find an alternative for energy gels).
  • I spent time with a great bunch of people and got some great messages of support from family and friends.
  • One of my friends achieved a PB of 2.33 and came 84- What an achievement.
  • I live to fight another day.
  • Finally a big thank you to my wife Linda who has been a great support to me over the last three months of training. In her words if I spent as much energy on the house and garden as I do on training for all the things I do then we would have a perfect house. I was going to reply all this training makes me the perfect husband but I thought I should not go down that route....
All in all live is good who cares about the time and I am going to chill for a bit whilst I sort out the next challenge.

Race video and report to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Clive all I can say is you did brilliantly coming back from injury at a late stage in training, ran in horrific heat ( I was glad I did mine at night!), you got loads of money for charity and the crowds make almost impossible to get into a proper stride.
    I am very pleased for you...you rock

    ReplyDelete