Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Marathon Analysis

One thing that has been nagging me is my performance in London Marathon and two weeks later in the Marafun.

During training I was consistently running 18 miles in about 3hours. My best time was 2.54 in February. I was also feeling pretty good (but tired) after 18 miles. Based on these times I should easy be able to do a marathon in  about 4hr 20mins.

So why did I run London in 5.30 and Marafun two weeks later 4.56?

When I have a look at the results my average pace in training is 10 mins per mile. At London it all started to go wrong at mile 15 when I started to feel sick ( I am sure it was the gels and the heat) and at Marafun it all started to go wrong at mile16 when I go cramp in my calf, which I think is because I still had London Marathon in my legs from two weeks prior.

I just know I can do a Marathon in sun 4.30

My next Marathon is Beachy so that will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment