Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 May 2011

BUPA 1OK

It has been a little while since I have written my Blog as I have been busy on various things and the time has flown bye. I ran BUPA 10k on Monday. I have not ran for two weeks since the Marafun and it showed as I completed the course in 56minutes which is about 10minutes off my PB. Anyway I really enjoyed this run, great atmosphere and route and how often do you get a chance to line with with Mo Farah and Paula Ratcliffe, even if I was a couple of wave starts away from them.

However, I did managed to see Mo Farah running down the embankment on his return as I was after a mile into the race. He runs at twice the speed I do and it is incredible to see.

I am definitely going to do this race next year and my daughter Jo has also said she will run.

I going to say that I think this is one of my favourite races after all that long distance marathon training 1k just seems to fly past in a blink. Focus over June and July will now be on some speed work and shorter distances before I start preparing for Beachy Head.

No comments:

Post a Comment