Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Hilly run with the faster group Tuesday 19th Jan

Tonight I decided that I wanted to run with Brian's group (which is the second fastest group) and I was just beginning to think this may not be a good idea when my friend Dan asked if were running with the faster group? so I decided to give it a go. I used to regularly run with Brian's group, but Brian very rarely stops for regroups and recently I have been running with a slower group.  It was a large group and we ended up running 8 miles in 1.14. We went from Green Street Green to Charmwood, across to Knockholt Pond to Pratts Bottom (past Coolings garden center), across the A21 and home via Worlds End Lane. From the elevation chart below you will see how hilly this run was.
Elevation chart for Tuesday nights run
Fortunately I managed to keep towards the front of the group and the last couple of miles were downhill and really fantastic. I have noticed that I tend to hold back on the downhills and I was overtaken by a few of my colleagues. I think I just need to be more confident, disengage brain and engage legs. I need to work on my downhill running.

When I got home I was on a real high (this will be the subject of a future post). I always find that I have trouble sleeping after a tough run. It is a weird feeling. I lay in bed and it feels like energy is sparking around my body. I am probably listening to my body start to repair itself.

I am looking forward to next Tuesday run, a 10 mile constant pace, marathon training run.

No comments:

Post a Comment