Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 February 2011

Awesome training run

Dave and I set off for our planned 18 mile run. Dave had designed a great route from Green Street Green along A21 to roundabout, then all the way to Crittalls Corner, upto the roundabout near Sidcup, then past Chislehurst Station down and up Summer Hill towards Southborough then upto the Crown and A21 back to Green Street Green. We meet a few runners we knew along the way and it is always great to have a chat as it helps pass the time.

Dave and I were both running stronger as is evidenced by the way we ran down and then up Summer Hill.

Overall we finished 18 miles in 2.54 average pace 9.38 and second split faster than first. We were both really pleased with our performance. I was feeling a bit hungry towards the end. I had taken a pocket full of Jelly Babies. I did not use my Gel. I am just not too keen on the Gels. I think I am also going to take some dried fruit.

For me this run was on top of 5miles yesterday and a week when I have run 40 miles in total.

Top of ankle is hurting a bit but I have pushed it this week. 

Also going to but some new trainers as old ones are getting a bit worn.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent training numbers, that calculates to a 4:12 marathon but on the day....you looking good to go sub-4.

    Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words on encouragement. For some reason a tendon which goes from my shin to top of my foot has "flared up" so I am going to rest for a couple of days and hope it goes back to normal.

    I am not sure why this has happened as all was OK during the run. The only thing I can think of is my running shoes they have worn down really quick. I have ordered a new pair and will put some ice on tendon tonight. Figures crossed!

    ReplyDelete