Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 February 2011

Jelly Babies

Now I am doing the long training runs I need to start thinking about energy. I was thinking that during my long runs (greater than 18 miles) I would not take on board any energy until I need too. The purpose being to train my body to run  without energy. However having spoken with my ultra runner friend Jerry Smallwood  (see his blog link below):

I decided that it is more sensible to try and stabilise my energy levels and keep them topped up during long training runs and use the same in the actual marathon. I will use a few gels and I have brought a couple of big boxes of Jelly Babies. I am not that keen on using gels but the Jelly Babies are so good. They have such a great taste and I find myself thinking when I get to a certain spot I will have a jelly baby. I never knew a Jelly Baby could be so motivational.

No comments:

Post a Comment