Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 February 2011

Oh Dear

My ankle is still not right. I decided to go out for a very easy 10k. Unfortunately my ankle did not feel right from the off. I completed my 10k, bumping into Chris Marshall twice and Chris Hudson. Chris Hudson saw me as I was running down station road. Chris said I was running very cautiously.  Here is my assessment.

Last weekend I ran 23 miles and 40miles for the week in total. This is going to put a lot of pressure on my muscles and tendons.

The foot is very complex there are lots of Muscles and Tendons.

I get the pain when I move my foot.

The pain is not a sharp pain like something is broken.

It feels like my muscles and tendons are sore. I think I am just going to have to rest, use and ice pack and some ibuprofen gel and see if it gets better.

This is really annoying things were going so well I will have to re assess my schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Clive, whereabouts is the pain? On the top or sides?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry

    Pain is on the front of my leg about 2" up from ankle. I can feel the spot where pain is the worst. It also hurts when I stretch my foot down and raise my foot towards my shin. It hurts when I walk. After spending much time on the internet. I think I have inflamed a muscle in front of leg.

    I am bit annoyed I did 10k last night I should have stopped straight away, but you know what it like you want to push on through. I think I am just going to have to rest. To be honest I am bit gutted.

    What do you think?

    Thanks for any advice?

    ReplyDelete