Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 May 2011

18 Mile Run

Meet with Dave and Tom at 8 am and set off on our standard 18 mile run. It is always great to run with other people especially if you are all run at a similar level. We completed the run in 3 hours dead and were all well pleased.

Tom has only done one marathon and has decided to do the Marafun in a couple of weeks - hoping for about 4h 30m so it looks like we could have a nice little group aiming to do the Marafun in 4h 30m.

I did not take any gels on my run and I do not think it made any difference so I think my days of using gels are over.I also used my Camelbak and was surprised that I only  drunk about 500ml.

All in all a great little run only annoying thing was at about mile 14 we were crossing the road and just as I ran up onto the grass I must have put my foot on a wire from a wheel hub and it caught my other foot and I hit the deck, fortunately I was OK and lucky that I did not break my ankle as it was like a snare. As I fell a car passed and some yobs shouted out the usual abuse with lots of f**king ........ I admit it must have looked funny but I did not like the verbal abuse so I shouted back at them in the same way they shouted at me beckoned them to come back to me.

I apologised to Dave and Tom for my out burst but these sort of things make me angry. The interesting thing was it must have really got my adrenalin following as the next couple of miles flew bye.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great news that you are still on track and the injuries have all cleared up. It looks like there is going to be a 4:30 hour marathon party/group so can I ask permission to join you, Dave and Tom please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was relying on you getting me round in 4.30. It looks like if we join up we could have a nice little group and I am sure the banter will flow and the miles will fly past. Dave said the last 6 miles are nearly all downhill/flat. I just hope it is not too hot.

    I really like running in a group and I am looking forward to this run.

    ReplyDelete