Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 May 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I have been very busy recently and not had time to update my Blog so here goes:

I have signed up for the Marafun marathon next Saturday. I am really looking to this event mainly because there is a group of us running to about 4.30 time.I always love running in a group mainly because the banter and small talk builds good relationships with your friends and helps the time pass especially when the going gets tough. If I can achieve 4.30  I will be really pleased.

I have not been unable to get out for a run this week so I will do a 10 mile run over Keston Sat afternoon and 6 mile Monday then hit the marathon on Sat. I am trying a different approach for the Marafun. I know I have the base level of fitness so I have not done so much training and I am allowing my body to build up its energy reserves.

After Marafun I am going to concentrate on doing some speed work for a couple of months I would really like to do a 10k PB of around 46mins then I will start training for Beachy Head Marathon in October.

The Tai Chi class has picked up momentum and we had 7 students last week. Need to start sorting out insurance, T shirts, setting up a page on facebook etc etc etc.It is all pretty exciting but takes time. We have got lots of plans.

I have also missed Karate for a couple of months. I feel very guilty about missing Karate but I just could not do the long runs on Sunday then Karate in the evening. I am so close to taking my next grading. I just need to get my act together and start training. I have not done a press up for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment